Saturday, June 27, 2009

So we did make it to the Emirates Palace and it did deliver. I substituted my hammer for a swimming suit because I wanted to sneak into the pool....but someone thought that would be a bad idea, so we were good and just took pictures. Enjoy

The Palace from the front (royal) entrance
It looks small but I swear it is huge
(I am not going to say it but I just set myself up for a Michael Scott comment there...hahha...Laud you know what I am talking about)

This a picture of the dome
Even more impressive in person

The opening below the dome


Flowers everywhere
(Anna I was thinking of you)

And of course gold everywhere too
(Gazelle I was thinking of you)


So in case you don't follow soccer the Federation Cup Semi-Finals were last Wednesday USA vs Spain. So I decided to take a bet with a Spaniard I know against odds of 1,000,000,000 to 1 that USA would bet Spain. Well turns out USA came out victorious and we won 2-0!!!! The Spanish haven't lost since 2006!!

E celebrating and G drinking his sorrows away


No his Grandma didn't just die, America just scored goal number two!


So we had a "business" engagement on Thursday night...I think Gorka still isn't over the tough loss from the other night.


Elizabeth and I have befriended two really cool girls, Sallie and Patricia, and we had a little girls day at the beach. The water is really warm...a little to warm actually...but it was fun to be out in the sun. Our apartment is seriously a two minute walk from the beach...nice.

Ok I know this picture looks like there should be people in it but Elizabeth, Sallie and Patricia are right behind me....they really exist...I swear



So last night we decided to go to a nice dinner, it was literally the fanciest restaurant I have ever been too. The food was really nice, the company was excellent, the service was great, and there were even a few ducks that showed up ...which was kind of cute until they started popping everywhere.

I had a tuna steak, I really am having a wonderful time I just hate taking pictures by myself.


Obviously, Gorka and Elizabeth are having a good time...awww so cute.

Ummm, the perfect way to end a lovely evening


5 comments:

the walker family said...

That's what she said.....That dessert looks bomb.

safdasdf said...

I didn't know you followed the office. What would michael have said next.... i don't get it. ;)

It was a dry 109 yesterday in Dublin. I was thinking about you over there. It must be hot like that every day, and more often than not, worse. I don't envy you.

Say hi to Patricia and Sally for me.

Unknown said...

Thanks to your blog, I vicariously killed 15 minutes of time at work.

Random questions that popped into my head:

1) Why does Gold make you think of me? (It wouldn't have something to do with me being a self-proclaimed gold digger, would it?)

2) Have you found a hair salon out there for bang trims?

(Queries of a genius...)

The Giddings said...

Laura, Anna, Gazelle, blah blah blah. You didn't mention CASSIE who gave you that dress you are wearing in one of the pictures. HahahaSNORTaha.
That beach looks AMAZING. Don't put pictures of food (ESPECIALLY desert) on your blog. Josh gets mad when I drool on his computer.

Claire said...

oh my gosh i just found out about your blog. lets skype i miss you

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
I live and work in San Francisco but am currently on a short term assignment in Abu Dhabi, UAE. If you want to know more call me.